
About seven Militias/ Criminals had been arrested by Troops of Operation SAFE HAVEN during a routine patrol in Plateau , Nasarawa and Kaduna states while several weapons , ammunition and motorcycles and illicit drugs were also recovered .
The Director , Defence Media Operations, Major- General Markus made this known on Thursday during a press conference that centered on the operations of the military across the country.

Kangye said, “Within the period 9 – 16 July 2025, troops of Operation SAFE HAVEN conducted offensive operations and responded to distress calls on terrorists’ activities in Bassa, Barkin Ladi, South Wase, Riyom and Jos East Local Government Areas of Plateau State as well as Kaura and Sanga Local Government Areas of Kaduna State.
The Defence Headquarters said further that troops of Operation Safe Heaven rejected N13 million bride from terrorists during an operation in Plateau State.
He added that the troops were responding to a distress call about terrorist activities, when they encountered two terrorists that offered them the bribe.
While conducting these operations, they contacted extremists and killed some of them, arrested 12 and rescued three kidnapped victims. Some weapons, ammunition, motorcycles and vehicles were recovered from them.
“Similarly, troops of Operation SAFE HAVEN while on routine patrol arrested 7 militias/criminals in Barkin Ladi and Jos South LGAs of Plateau State as well as Wamba and Sanga LGAs of Nasarawa and Kaduna States respectively. Items recovered from them were weapons, ammunition and motorcycles as well as illicit drugs.
“On 9 July 2025, our gallant troops intercepted a vehicle with bullet holes along Jos, Sanga Road. Suspects attempted to induce troops with monetary gratification, while they declined. Troops arrested two suspects, recovered weapons, ammunition, a vehicle and the sum of N13,742,000.00 from them.”
He noted that the investigation is ongoing while recovered items are in troops’ custody.